Monthly Archives: September 2011
Lately our raids have been less than great. People are distracted and don’t really seem to care what they are doing. I watched both of our melee DPS and chainers run into the lava pit on magmaw on the same attempt. I can’t remember the amount of times I have seen people stand in the bad stuff. Generally if it is on the ground in World of Warcraft it is bad. Personally I love it when people lie about it “I didn’t stand in that” The same night on magmaw we were also having trouble with the Parasites. I can’t understand for the life of me how 3 mages can’t AOE down the parasites, Will someone please enlighten me?
There is a a paladin who will only do what he wants to do, When he wants to do it. If in the middle of a raid he doesn’t want to tank, he will just quit. He has done this before and yet people wonder why we still kiss his hindquarters. Personally if it were up to me he wouldn’t raid at all but alas not my choice. He reminds me of a pouting kid who is mad and takes his toys and leaves the sandbox.
I think that we could really start progressing if we had 1 more tank and 1 more healer. Currently the 2 most reliable tanks and healers are me and the GM and we are also both tanks and healers. So either we have 2 tanks or 2 heals or 1 of each that we know will be there for all the raids. I used to be a member of some progression guilds in Burning Crusade and WOTLK and I am starting to miss those days. I don’t want the constant daily raiding but our guild should be a lot farther along than we are. We have good people but just can’t seem to get the job done.
Since I have begun leading raids again I have mulled over all the new information as far as raid makeup and such and I have developed my own guidelines for raiding:
- The ideal raid makeup for me at this time is 2 tanks 3 heals 2 melee dps and 3 ranged dps. I like to run with 1 tank and 1 healer with dps specs.
- I post my raids and accept sign ups
- When I begin to start invites for the raid I attempt to fill tank and healer roles first. After that I will fill dps based on who is signed up and who is there. I will take people who are present and signed up and then fill openings I DO NOT SAVE SPOTS IF SOMEONE ELSE IS AVAILABLE TO RAID!!!!
- Raids sometimes require special roles or abilities. You may be asked to sit out for the good of the progression.
- If you are dual spec there is a possibility you may have to go into your second spec. (For example: one Tank fights or heals are good but dps is lacking)
- If you have multiple toons feel free to raid on whichever toon you choose However you may be asked to come along on another toon and not your preferred one. This is strictly due to raid needs and requirements. I will normally try to honor all requests.
I expect raiders to:
- Have proper Flasks, Elixirs, Food, and drink to last for at least 3 hours
- Know your class and role. You may be expected to CC (Crowd Control) or perform one of your classes special abilities and you need to know how to do so. You also need to be very familiar with any threat dump abilities your class has.
- Research the fights beforehand, You don’t have to know all the exact details but I expect you to have knowledge of the basic mechanics of the fight and your class’s role in the fight.
- Bio breaks will be given on a regular basis. when people constantly go afk it slows the raid down and annoys the other raiders who are waiting. Yes we know emergencies happen. We do not want to wait while you run 3 miles to grab a cookie every 10 minutes.
- Have all your gear properly enchanted and gemmed.
- We post raid details, combat logs, and loot rules/tables, on the guild website. please check it on a regular basis.
- Vent makes communication much easier, However during boss fights we need to keep the chatter to a minimum so everyone can hear important instructions from the raid leader, Main Healer, or Tanks
We like to have fun but there is a time to get serious and down some bosses. When we are running a boss fight we need to be serious on vent and in chat. after the boss is down we can party on his corpse for as long as you like
I keep hearing in trade chat the still constant recruiting messages of “looking for more for FL trash” I personally despise trash farming. I do not see a point behind going into a raid, clearing all the trash to a boss, and not downing the boss or at least attempting to. I know that you get rep and patterns and gear, But would you not obtain these same items if you went in and cleared trash to the boss. Hey if you want to I would be willing to reset the instance if we wiped on the boss but at least take a shot.
On my server some FL trash runs last over 2 hours. I really don’t want to spend 2 hours killing trash mobs when that 2 hours could be better spent somewhere else. Some ppl live for these trash runs, Do they get some sort of sense of achievement out of them that I am unaware of?
Just my 2 cents worth but I am sure there are others out there that feel the same way.
I feel it is time for a little public service announcement to my readers. There are always a lot of scammers attempting to get your world of warcraft account information. I get on average 5 different scam emails a day. I will show give you a rundown of just a few:
It has come to our attention that you are trying to
sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may not be aware of,
this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be
true, your account can and will be disabled. Illegal gold trading Which one is it selling my account or illegal gold trading?
be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment’s
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should
immediately verify your account ownership.
You can confirm that you are
the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
to your account, In accordance following template to verify your
* Account name
* Account password
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct
If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail
informing you that we have dropped the
Account Administration Team
Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2011
Ok first off the horrible grammar gave it away, then I looked at the long, unsecure website address and figured blizzard’s account admin team could probably afford someone with half decent grammar and a secure website.
When you take to the skies astride a blazing, eagle-winged
lion, your comrades will know you mean business. Serious business. So saddle up,
because this flying mount will travel as fast as your riding skill will take
you, and it can even travel at 310% speed if you have at least one other 310%
Once activated, this World of Warcraft in-game pet key applies to all present
and future characters on a single World of Warcraft license.
we will be complimentary seat to the 5,000 players. You can log Web site
application, we will be lucky players randomly. huh?????
Please click this link to
your account passes the check successfully, we will send a code for the Winged
Guardian flying mount to you in the form of e-mail.
The World of Warcraft Support Team
Okay once again horrible grammar, A long unsecure link, And lets always remember Blizzard is not going to give things away for free without a benefit to themselves.
I have broken the links in both of these and i strongly encourage you not to type them in. I knew they were scams because they were not sent to my battle.net email address, They were sent to my old email address I used for wow. In order to combat these scams I recommend having battle.net sent to a secure email address (One you only use for battle.net) I also am a strong advocate of the authenticator. please take the time to read these emails and think about things like grammar and such before you click on the link. I would hate to see one of my readers and friends get their account hacked
I finally obtained thunderfury the other day. I have been working on this for well over a year now and the last 6 months have been waiting on 1 binding to drop. I wanted this weapon because it has one of the best looks in the game and having it separates me from a lot of the player population. Even by todays gold standards this is an expensive weapon. the stat differences are huge but I am still going to try to sneak it out a little and tank with it….Just can’t resist.